Calligram

 


I used a sad image to juxtapose the letter written to my future self. The letter is full of nostalgia and hopefulness for a more fulfilling future. 

I started by outlining the reference image using the pen and curvature tool to make the contours of the face. I made a complete path for the full face since that was the main section I wanted to fill with the letter. Then, using the Area Type Tool I filled the face with my letter pasted around 12 times. Using the Helvetica font at 8 points and barely any space between the letters. After outlining everything, I filled the lips with the beginning of the letter as well and underlined the path at the bottom of the words so they were noticeable enough. Using the dropper tool, I tried looking for colors similar to the reference image. Using the ellipse tool for the eyes so I could also include part of my letter in it. Originally, the eyes were going to be blank but I wanted extra features with the letter. There are approximately 8 layers in this image. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internet / World Wide Web / Bluetooth / Wi-Fi